EducationB.S. Chemical Physics (Honors Scholar Program), Rice University, the "Harvard of the South." International Baccalaureate High School Teacher Training.
ExperienceI'm a nanotech scientist, former high school math/physics teacher and Rice University Honors Scholar Graduate. It's been my mission for 10 years to translate chemistry, math and physics into a language people can understand (and even enjoy!).
I am passionate about helping students of all levels navigate "difficult" and "frustrating" material from a place of confusion to clarity and understanding. The "aha" moment when concepts suddenly tie together and things make sense for the first time is what I'm all about!
There are many bright, well-educated tutors in Boston but I believe my training in education, classroom teaching experience and passion for bringing math and science alive set me apart from the crowd!
I am offering a special rate of $20/hr for your first hour and negotiable thereafter.
• International Baccalaureate High School Teacher -
11th grade physics and math
• 10 years extensive tutoring and coaching experience
• Have worked with students of all ages and levels, including ADHD, learning disabilities and ESL
• Awarded grant to write about science/math educational opportunities for high school students
• Envisioned, organized, and taught enrichment camp for high school students about science projects, competitions and scholarships
• Graduated Rice University Honors Scholar Program,
3rd prize award in undergraduate chemistry research
• High school graduating class rank of #2 out of 450
• Won many national, competitive scholarships in high school: Intel Science Talent Search, Intel International Science and Engineering Fair, etc.
"I feel so blessed to have found Priya as a math tutor for my son, who has been struggling with Honors Geometry. She has helped him practice key test-taking strategies and fine-tune and improve his math skills. She is not a tutor who enables students to passively wait for answers - she has empowered him to actively use all his resources to solve problems. Priya is a patient tutor who has guided my son to become an independent thinker and problem solver. I strongly recommend her as a tutor."
- Natasha, mother of 9th grade student
"I saw three other tutors before I finally met with Priya. I noticed first off that she has a really positive attitude, and I found her to be much more approachable than other tutors I'd seen. She did a great job creating notes that went beyond the textbook to help me really understand chemistry. She has experience working with people who have learning disabilities; as an adult with ADD, this really made a huge difference. I would recommend Priya to anybody looking for help in the maths and sciences."
- J, Pre-Nursing Student, General Chemistry Course
HobbiesIn addition to my passion for the sciences, I draw a lot of inspiration from the arts. I enjoy painting (acrylic, watercolor), singing, dancing and acting. I love animals and enjoy spending time with furry friends.
Chemistry, Math, Physics, SAT, GRE, GMAT, MTEL Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, College Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus (AB/BC), Probability and Statistics, Biostatistics, MCAS Math, Physics, Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Waves and Optics, General Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Reading and Writing, Study Skills, ADHD, Learning Disabilities
Client Reviews (6)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.